Jordan Intermediate School is committed to creating a safe, welcoming and engaging learning environment for your student using GGUSD’s Strategic Plan Goals as our driving force. We strive to ensure that all students are equipped with the academic skills (Goal 1) and personal skills (Goal 2) to achieve life long success (Goal 3). In order to meet those goals, Jordan offers the following:
- ROAR Tutoring: Jordan’s drop-in tutoring program every day except Wednesdays and Fridays. Credentialed teachers supervise ROAR and assist students with completing assignments, answering questions and provide guidance for projects.
- Library access: The Jordan library is open daily before school, lunch and after school for students wishing for a quiet learning environment to read, complete work or use the computers.
- 1:1 Technology: Every Jordan classroom is equipped with updated technology that is used to enhance instruction, making Jordan a 1 student 1 computer (1:1) school.
- Ms. Camille Giordano is the Jordan counselor. Ms. Giordano is available to conference with students and families regarding academic concerns as well as provides resources to families regarding a wide range of issues. Both students and families may email Ms. Giordano with concerns.
- Jordan offers a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities across a range of interests, including sports, the arts and STEM.
- Parents are encouraged to join our parent organization, Jordan Parents United to stay engaged in our school and help support the success of our scholars.
In closing, I am looking forward to working together for the success of our students. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me or call the office to set up an appointment (714-663-6124).